Elephant & Castle station first opened in 1890 as part of the first electric ‘deep tube’ line, the City & South London Railway, but was joined there by the Bakerloo line in 1906. At platform level the separate lines had very different decor; those on the Northern line reflecting the 1924/6 reconstruction, and those on the Bakerloo showing the ‘Leslie Green’ style of pattern using a 9” x 6” tile module.
The works were intended to strengthen the heritage feel, whilst providing the same high quality finishing, across all public areas. Craven Dunnill Jackfield manufactured the hand-made relief ceramics by replicating the same processes and materials as were used originally. A great example of our customer-focused production facility offering total flexibility for bespoke volume schemes.
Westminster, London, UK
St Pancras International & King’s Cross Underground stations, London
East Ham, London, UK
Fitzrovia, London, UK
Oxford University, UK
New York City, USA
Islington, London, UK
Knightsbridge, London, UK
Victoria Line, London Underground